Thursday, February 5, 2015


This is what happened when we went to the Capital from Peten: We left for the capital at around 10 PM, we picked up the elders on the bus in their area at around 11:30, the bus we rode in is pretty nice, its like a coach bus in the US and it has two levels! (a double decker bus) it had tvs (but that doesn't really matter because we can't watch them anyways ( anyone traveling from the Capital to Peten or Tikal this is the type of bus they would ride), plus they weren't on because it was nigh time. The seats were reclinable, and super comfy (kind of like on the airplane) Im sorry mommy! i didnt take pictures of the bus..... i was too tired and didn't think about it. Well while on the bus i tried to sleep, but it was hard, because even though the seats were comfy they weren't comfy enough to go into a deep sleep like in a bed. I brought my thick socks, and two sweaters which helped, but at times I was still cold because I was in a skirt and you know how breesy it can be with the legs haha but I brought an extra pair of clothes just in case for emergencies and so pulled out a skirt and used it as a blanket to cover my legs,( the Lord gave me a brain for a reason haha) well we traveled all night and arrived to the Capital at around 7:30 in the morning, it was a long a journey. When we got there a driver came to pick us up someone working for the church ( a member) and he took us around to where we needed to go. I asked if we could go to the temple ( i really wanted to go inside and do a session because I miss the temple so much) he said yes, but we got there and the temple was under maintenance, even the distribution center was closed, so we couldn't even buy anything either, bad luck frown emoticon, but we got to go in the gardens and take fotos,

We then went to the CCM, we wanted to say hi to President Cox, but they have a rule in the CCM where they are not allowing anyone to come in , not even missionaries, for security reasons, we were just there for a teensy bit because the chauffeur works for the ccm as well and had to get some paperwork, we then went to the office building of the church, and picked up some other missionaries from other missions, after that we went to sign the visa papers, we waited for an hour and a half until we signed, (it was SO boring), and I was tired so I fell asleep in my chair, it was kind of different seeing other cultures there (like Asians) in the US is normal but here, not really because normally is all Hispanics, its even weird to see white people but I'm getting more used to that since I'm in a touristy place and I blend in perfectly with my half Guatemalan blood I tan easily and I am VERY tan hahaha. Anyhoo, after that, one of the elders from our area had a dentist appointment so we went to that but not before going to Mcdonalds to have to lunch (It's been awhile since I've had Mc, and I realized that don't really miss it haha) the Elder got his appointment taken care of, and then we were taken to a mall to buy our bus ticket. We bought them and then we had a lot of time to kill, it was like 3pm and we didn't leave until 9 pm. We walkedd around, we went to the bathroom, and I walked in the stall with my bag and agenda, I left and we went to buy snacks and stuff, and GUESS WHAT?? I discovered that I didn't have my agenda, I left it in the bathroom, I ran back but it was gone, I asked everyone, even the information desk, no one turned it in, I was so disappointed, I checked my bag a bajillion times and nothing, I prayed, and we went to walk around look at stores and ask more people, but nothing, we then went to go eat dinner at the food court, the elders bought pizza and my comp chinese and i just had a fruit tart, but the elders were kind and shared and my comp. (but i wasn't really hungry) we went back to the info desk but it was closed, all hope was lost, and i just had to face the facts that I lost my agenda, my agenda is my life! I had my schedule, my plans for the week, THE TICKETS to ride the bus back home, MY DEBIT CARD!! my insurance card of the mission ( yeah bad luck i had last week, loosing everything) but the good news was I didn't have to repay for the bus, they told us it was fine, and we got on the bus just fine, with no problems. We traveled all night going back to our Mission, I tried to sleep ( this time I bought a mini blanket for the bus) We arrived at 5:40 a.m. but the funny thing.....hehehe I was asleep when the bus arrived at the bus stop in Peten, and all the people were gone! I woke up and I realized the bus was leaving the bus stop, I looked around and there was no one just another man sleeping, I was like....OH NO WHERE ARE WE GOING??? (we could probably had ended up back in the Capital again hahaha.) I walked down to the first part of the bus and knocked on the door of the driver, the bus stopped, I woke up my comp. grabbed our stuff and we exited the bus, (it didn't go to far) but who knows what would have happened if I didn't wake up haha. Well that was my adventure and that next day was rough due to the lack of sleep. But the rest of the week was good!, Seeing some miracles with our investigators ( me and my comp. did a fast so that our investigators can accept a baptismal date) and we are starting to see them to open up and we hope to see baptisms coming up soon! smile emoticon I learned to be even more patient with the things that i lost, and learn from my mistakes and move on.

Things are going great here in San Benito, and I am alive and well.

Well I love you guys so much!!! keep up the faith and hardwork!

Our short visit to the Temple

waiting for or bus to go back to our areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment