Wednesday, August 5, 2015

PETEN, COBAN, PETEN

Hello! I am writing from Coban City we had to come to the  Leader's Council Meeting. The Zone Leaders, Sister Leaders, Missionary couples travel from their areas to gather at the mission offices in Coban, we left this morning at 3 a.m.  I slept most of the way  but we had a pit stop and we ate a small breakfast I don't know what happened but I got car sick, and I NEVER get car sick,  my companion also got car sick and she never does either, it was weird but we didn't throw up just got queezy. We got here to coban safe and sound!! I feel like I never left (I was just transferred from here last week) Our meeting is tomorrow Tuesday so today it will be a normal p-day for us.

Things I am learning as a missionary:
I now know how to study my scriptures better and dive deep into them, I have found them WAY more interesting its awesome. I have developed better habits and overcoming my weaknesses such as my timing! :) I have learned things that make me want to be a better person when I get home, more friendly, outreaching to everyone, more obedient to the commandments, and being a true member missionary. But the thing that has changed the most is my testimony. It is a lot stronger and firmer now. I truly love the mission and will be one of the things i will never forget in my life and will always be eternally grateful! 

I am deeply grateful for the Atonement I have seen how it has really blessed the people that I have taught and gotten baptized, they are no longer weighed with heavy burdens and just have a brighter light in their lives. Also I have seen the Atonement with some less actives and even members, but some are still in the process :) I have learned a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how to apply it in our daily lives, it's MARVELOUS! Everyone should study it more and understand it and then apply it daily in their lives, its what makes an unfair life seem better, that's a promise. 
 
So about my week: Everything is going great, I LOVE Peten! But it is sooooo hot there, literally sweating bullets it's crazy, but im getting used to that no biggy.  Last week, we did divisions in three areas, San Luis, Poptun and Dolores. We went to San Luis fisrt, the sisters are opening that area, it's the first time that sisters are going there, it usually has been elders. They have a lot of work to do to organize everything and help the branch out (because its not that strong) but I have faith in my sisters! excited to see their progress. I went to Poptun and my companion went to Dolores, I got to see my hija (Daughter) (they refer to the Greenie Missionaries as Daughters, and the trainers are the Mothers)  Hna. Perez! got to be with her, I'm such a proud mommy, she is such a determined hard worker, she is doing great things in Poptun. When I was there I got to learn some Mayan :D that was cool, we also went with a Q'eqchi family, I was practicing some of what I know (which is very little) and they were speaking to me full out thinking I knew it really well haha I kept telling them only poquito! but it was cool.  The rest of the week we were able to work in our area, things are going well in Santa Elena, we are teaching a lot of great people and excited to find more! 

We walk everywhere EVERYWHERE! but sadly here pedestrians never have the right of way, my companion and I think that we can educate this drivers and will show them that they have to wait for us, (we'll see how that goes) My comp came up with a quote:

Changing Guatemala one street at a time ~ Hna Andersen
hahah
I love you guys SUPER much!!!!!!
have a great week
love }
Hermana Riley


LAST SUPPER IN COBAN


NEW COMPANION ON THE WAY TO PETEN


NEW DISTRICT IN PETEN



NOT THE COT!!!!
During Splits (divisions) spending the night.



LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND!!


HELLO LITTLE FRIEND!!



BYE LITTLE FRIEND!!


PIT STOP ON OUR WAY TO 
COUNCIL MEETING IN COBAN




OH THE THINGS SHE FINDS AMUSING!!


COBAN MISSION LEADERS


SISTER TRAINER LEADERS



PINATA TIME!!



PRESIDENT CURTISS AND SISTER CURTISS
MISSION PRESIDENT



GOING BACK TO PETEN!!




No comments:

Post a Comment