Wednesday, August 5, 2015

FIRST WEEK IN PETEN

My first week back in Peten:
My new companion is Hna. Anderson she is from Utah, (first American companion on the mish!) I'm still a Sister Trainer Leader and yes we will have to travel back to Coban for Leadership council meetings on a regular basis, as a matter of fact we are scheduled to go next Monday but it will be ok Mom don't worry because we will be traveling with the Senior Missionary couple (The Bakes) and they take really good care of us.( MOM HERE: I expressed concerned because as a Sister Leader they have to travel to Coban 6 hour drive on a regular basis for meetings and the roads are not very good) ANYHOW, Hna. Riley continues>>. I LOVE Santa Elena, because I love Peten and we have seen a few members that live in San Benito which has been super exciting because I love San Benito too and yes, it is HOT as Hades! we are sweating bullets everyday here, but it doesn't bother me because I still LOVE Peten, it's my favorite place. There is downside here though....we are surrounded by a beautiful lake and being a swimmer by nature and with this heat it just makes me drool for a swim on that lake but for now I will have to stick with my semi cold showers haha.
And don't worry we only go to eat with hna blanca on Sundays, and with how much I am sweating I will probably get skinnier (fingers crossed hahaha)
We have some really good investigators here, and I am excited to find more! little by little we are getting to know the area more we are both new in the area but the sisters before us left us notes, and we have been pretty successful finding the people they left. During these days we have ran into members from San Benito which has been exciting!
On Saturday we had correlation (meeting with mission leader) as we were walking to the church, there was a whole on the ground my comp tried stepping over it but her skirt restricted her and her foot didn't get a good grip on the ground so she tripped and fell, in front of everyone (it was at a stop light) she was fine, just scraped her hand kind of badly. After our meeting we were heading back, as we were walking there was a man right on the side of the road who decided to go to the bathroom right then and there and my comp made a comment about it and I told her that's not anything new here, and as I was talking to her I see this odd looking woman on my right side she looked like she was crazy (literally) I noticed that on the corner of my eye she was bending down and we kept on walking when we heard the woman yell and one second later I felt something hit my ear, and I realized it was a rock! (she threw a rock at me) I looked at the woman, and she had an angry face and grunted, I was so surprised and I can't believe she hit me, that old lady had good aim! First my companion falls and then I get hit by a rock! It was actually pretty funny but crazy! Then later that day we went to part of our area and there is a detention center! that was scary, we even saw people outside chilling, and that's when i used the phrase "chilling like a villain" it was creepy, needless to say we didn't stay there too long So yeah that day was full of weird stuff.
On Sunday we had church, we had an investigator his name Jose Luis, he is pilas, he will get baptized soon I know it! and then for lunch went to Hna Blancas house to eat, that was amazing, that made my day! I was so happy to see her family! and at night we ate tamales with Fam Rodriquez another family from San Benito, that we would always eat with. it was the BEST DAY EVER!!!
so that was my week,so happy to be here in Peten!, I love you guys soooo much!!!!!!! Take care fam!!
love
hna riley
P.S. Did I mentioned how happy I am to be in Peten? hahaha



CORTE & HUIPIL
TRADITIONAL MAYAN DRESS
REPRESENTING COBAN



OUR SWEET INVERSTIGATOR
AND
MEMBER MISSIONARY



LOVELY FAMILY
WORKING ON BRINGING THEM 
BACK TO THE FOLD




VERY DEAR TO MY HEART (Hna. Riley)
Their Mother recently passed away and
now they were teaching them the
Plan of Salvation


A DEAR FRIEND


THE PATRIARCH AND HIS FAMILY


ANOTHER WONDERFUL FRIEND


A FABULOUS MEMBER MISSIONARY
SHE IS INSTRUMENTAL TO THE WORK
SHE IS AN INTERPRETER FOR THE MISSIONARIES
IN Q'EQCHI


COBAN 1ST WAR
RELIEF SOCIETY





MY SWEET PEQUES (Little ones)


AFTER A STREET GAME OF SOCCER

THIS IS THE ELDERLY WOMAN
THAT THREW THE ROCK AT HNA. RILEY


No comments:

Post a Comment